Saturday, April 14, 2012

The New 32

I turned 32 on Wednesday. It was one of my most perfect birthdays yet. :) I woke up to my sweet baby girl Bella and my thoughtful hubby singing happy birthday and Bella proudly carrying a cupcake with pink icing and a lit candle. I rolled over to look into her eyes and see the way they sparkled with pride and happiness. She was excited for her Mamas birthday. Happy to Mommy, happy birthday to Mommy,happy birthday to you...looking at her singing I thought to myself this is one of the special moments I dreamed of when I dreamed of being a Mommy. I smiled on the outside and my heart was spilling over with love on the inside. Bella,Daddy, and I split the cupcake for breakfast. Daddy made us coffee, soft boiled eggs,toast, and bacon. Yum! Isaiah sat in his highchair and ate bananas and cheerios. To think a little over a year ago Bella was that small and now she is singing me happy birthday!! These days are long but the years are to fast. I keep reminding myself to cherish every moment and cuddle I can get from my babies. I want to live in the now because the future seems to come way to fast.

Daddy went to work and we went to baby boot camp. My mommy friends were all sweet and gave me lots of birthday wishes. A few of us went for coffee after class. We enjoyed sitting and chatting while our children drank apple juice and ate a snack. We told them it was a tea party. Bella gave me a sweet cheers and a happy to you with her apple juice cup in hand. She sat so nicely and baby talked and smiled with the other kids around her. It was so sweet to see her having fun and enjoying her little friends while us Moms chatted about restaurants and date nights and what I was doing for my birthday that day.

We headed home to an old friend that was bringing us lunch and birthday cheer. I hadn't seen her in a while and we had a lovely little visit. It was sweet of her to spend her lunch break with us. Thanks Shaunna. :) I got some sweet texts and online love from facebook and special ecards as well as calls and cards in the mail from my Mom and Grandma. Each birthday wish made me feel so special and loved.

Bella took a late nap. I played with Isaiah and took a nice hot shower. Mom,Andy, and Carly were coming over for dinner. Junior was cooking us Salmon and Shrimp on the grill. He had all ingredients waiting in the fridge for when he came home. Along with a marble cake with white icing and red roses that read, "Happy Birthday Mommy". He brought home real roses too. A lovely shade of red that matched the cake. He didn't plan for them to match, but I loved that they did. Bella saw the cake in the fridge and asked if she could have some every time we opened the fridge that day. She was excited for our family to come for a visit and that meant she could eat cake when they got here too. I am not sure which one she was more excited for them or the cake.;)

Junior got home and got straight to work making my night special. He grilled a delicious meal while we all played on our new playground with the kids. Junior had the music on and the weather was beautiful. Bella and Isaiah loved getting pushed in the swings and running all over the lawn. Bella had So much energy and just kept making us smile and laugh with what seemed like every second. It was so nice to see how she made her Gramma, Grampa, and Titi smile as we played.

It was a simple day with some very special magical moments. Some everyone saw and some only to my eyes and heart. I went to bed with a full heart, happy to be 32. :)

My Princess in the morning

Great evening outside






cake and ice cream...even Isaiah got a taste :)

The chef and best hubby

No comments: